Abdul Bari Memon1 , Abdul Jabbar2 , Irfan Ahmed Shaikh3 , Waheed Murad Dahri4 , Permanand Malhi5 , Sadam Hussain Rind6
(Pages 100 - 103)
1. PhD Scholar, Medical Research Center, Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences Jamshoro Sindh.
2. Assistant professor, Liaquat University of medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro Cell: +92-333-2608489
3. Assistant Professor, Isra Dental College Hyderabad Sindh. Email: email@example.com
4. Lecturer, Bhittai Medical and Dental College Mirpurkhas Sindh. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Assistant Professor, Bhittai Medical and Dental College Mirpurkhas Sindh. Email: email@example.com
6. Post graduate trainee, Liaquat University of medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corresponding author: “Dr Ahmed Bari Memon” email@example.com
Volume 24, Issue 2 (April - June 2015)
Aim of our research was to assess the plaque score in the orthodontic patients in relation to gender, age and duration of orthodontic treatment.
A cross sectional study was conducted at the Department of Orthodontics, Liaquat Medical University Hospital, Jamshoro and private orthodontic clinics in Hyderabad. Included subjects were asked to chew the plaque disclosing tablet. Turseky modification of Quigley Hein Plaque index was used to calculate plaque score. Selected patients were asked to fill the questionnaire regarding plaque control measures.
Mean plaque score was 4.29+1.58. Mean values of plaque for male and female were 2.42+0.70 and 2.51+1.99 respectively, this difference was statistically insignificant. Most of the patients were cleaning their teeth once a day and few were cleaning thrice a day. ANOVA showed insignificant differences in plaque score and duration of fixed appliance. There was insignificant (r=0.035, p =0.581) correlation between age and plaque score.
It was concluded that, plaque score was not influenced by gender, age or duration of fixed orthodontic treatment.
Plaque index, orthodontic fixed appliances.
How to CITE
Memon AB, Jabbar A, Shaikh IA, Dahri WA, Malhi P, Rind SH. Plaque Score During Orthodontic Treatment in Relation to Age and Gender. J Pak Dent Assoc 2015; 24(2):100-103.