Haroon Rashid1 , Ayesha Hanif2 , Fahim Vohra3 , Zeeshan Sheikh4
(Pages 63 - 69)
1. Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics,Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Karachi, Pakistan
2. Clinical Lecturer, Department of Prosthodontics, Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Karachi, Pakistan.
3. Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthetic Dental Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
4. Post-doctoral Fellow, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Corresponding author: “Dr Nosheen Zehra” Nosheen_zehra130@hotmail.com
Volume 24, Issue 2 (April - June 2015)
Provision of implant over-dentures (IODs) has become a popular treatment modality for edentulous patients. Oral rehabilitation carried out using dentures supported by endosseous implants greatly improves oral function and majority of the problems associated with the dentures i.e. poor stability and retention may be solved. Good success rates have been reported regardless of the attachment system used for the IODs however; the maintenance and complications may be influenced by the use of different attachment systems and other factors. The aim of the current paper is to briefly review the attachment systems used for IODs and the factors influencing their selection. Chair-side pickup Impression technique for mandibular implant over-denture is also briefly described.
1. Implant retained over dentures. 2. Implant retained prosthesis. 3. Implant attachment systems 4. Chair-side pickup impression
How to CITE
Rashid H, Hanif A, Vohra F, Sheikh Z. Implant Over Dentures: A Concise Review of The Factors Influencing The Choice of The Attachment Systems. J Pak Dent Assoc 2015; 24(2):63-69.