Haroon Rashid1 , Mustafa Naseem2 , Fahim Vohra3 , Saeed Ullah Shah4 , Amir Shehzad5
1. Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Karachi, Pakistan.
2. Assistant Professor, Department of Community Dentistry, Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Karachi, Pakistan.
3. Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics, King Saud University, SaudiArabia.
4. House Officer, Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Karachi, Pakistan.
5. House Officer, Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Karachi, Pakistan.
*Corresponding author: “Dr Haroon Rashid ” < email@example.com >
Volume 23, Issue 4 (October - December 2014)
To gather baseline data about different prosthodontic treatments provided by the dental practitioners belonging to various specialties of dentistry, residing in Karachi, Pakistan.
A total of 150 self-designed-structured anonymous questionnaire in English language were included. The questionnaire comprised of three sections which included questions regarding the age, gender, years of experience and type of dental practice, the number of patients treated in a month by the GDP for different dental prosthesis and questions regarding the perceived change in the provision of dental prosthesis. Descriptive statistics and analysis of the collected data was performed using Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) version 21 (SPSS, Chicago, Illinios, USA).
Alarge number of respondents (84.6%) reported that the number of complete denture prosthesis provided to the patients were either increasing or not changing. A total of 81.4% reported activity in RPDs to be either ”increasing” or ”not changing”.With regard to the prosthesis supported by implants, very low number of respondents reported this practice was declining.
Dental practitioners, Prosthodontic referrals, Prosthodontic restorations, Implant supported prosthesis
How to CITE:
Rashid H, Naseem M, Vohra F, Shah SU, Shehzad A. Prosthodontic services provided by the Dental Practitioners of Karachi, Pakistan. J Pak Dent Assoc 2014; 23(4):159-163