Mowaffaq Al Absi1 , Fayez Hussain Niazi2 , Mustafa Naseem3 , Zahid Iqbal4 , Faheem Khiyani5
1. Operative Dentistry, Senior Registrar, Operative Dentistry Department, Isra Dental Collage, Isra University
2. Operative Dentistry, Assistant Professor, Oral Biology Dept Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Pakistan
3. Dental Public Health, Senior Lecturer Community and Preventive Dentistry Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Pakistan
4. Assistant Professor, Operative dentistry dept, Isra Dental College, Isra University.
5. Dental Public Health, Assistant Professor Dept of Community and Preventive Dentistry, Ziauddin College of Dentistry, Pakistan
Corresponding author: “Dr Mustafa Naseem ” < email@example.com >
Volume 23, Issue 3 (July - September 2014)
To compare the frequency of Inter-appointment pain by employing crown-down and step-back technique through visual analogue pain scale at different time intervals.
60 patients were selected and divided in to two groups of 30 each. Group A has been instrumented by crown-down and Group B by step-back technique. Patients reported with inter-appointment pain after 24 hours and after 48 hours.
Data were collected and entered in SPSS version 10 for windows. Mean ± SD were presented for age of the patient and VAS. Male to Female ratio were presented for gender distribution. Chi-squared test were used to compare VAS between the two groups. A p-value of < 0.05 was considered as statistically significant.
After 24 hours occurrence of inter-appointment pain was high in group B than group A but it is not statistically significant. After 48 hours inter-appointment pain was high in group B than group A but it is not statistically significant.
The result of this study shows no significant difference in inter-appointment pain between crown-down preparation technique and step-back technique.
Preparation techniques, step-back technique, crown-down technique, inter-appointment pain.
How to CITE:
Absi M, Niazi FH, Naseem M, Iqbal Z, Khiyani F. “Inter-appointment Pain During Root Canal Treatment By Comparing The Crown-down And Apical Step-back Techniques”. J Pak Dent Assoc 2014; 23(3):100-105